FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator files for text

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
effects 1
Illustrator files for text
on Dec 28, 2006 at 2:21:05 am

When I try to bring an illustrator text file into ProAnimator it says there were no usable vector paths in this file. I'm new to illustrator and am using the CS version. My fonts from after effects wont show up in ProAnimator so I'm trying to do it this way. Thanks.

Return to posts index

pixelmeister
Re: Illustrator files for text
on Dec 28, 2006 at 3:55:15 pm

Hi,
in Illustrator, convert the text to outlines and save as Illustrator file.
Make sure that "compression" is turned off. That should work.

Not sure why the font isn't showing up in ProAnimator. Are you on a Mac or PC?
I tried it on my Mac ( I'm using Suitcase to manage fonts) with different fonts and they all work.
After I activate the fonts in Suitcase, I have to restart After Effects in order for the new activated font to show up
in ProAnimator.
Hope that helps.
Regards,
Adi

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Dec 28, 2006 at 7:02:20 pm

Hi effects 1,

In Illustrator, select the text, then look for the type menu at the top of the screen and choose create outlines. This will convert text to objects.

Jon

Return to posts index

WinstonSerious
on Dec 29, 2006 at 11:43:01 am

Outlining the text is the first essential step. However, you need to downsave the illustrator file to Version 3,,, this will ensure you can import. in CS1, you needed to export your art as a Legacy Illustrator file... in CS2, simply save the file, and in the second screen which comes up you will see a drop-down menu which allows you to save in either native (CS2) or earlier formats.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Dec 30, 2006 at 2:50:47 am

Hi guys,

Actually, you shouldn't have to go through the export legacy stuff with ProAnimator and Illustrator CS. Simply uncheck the "use compression box" and you'll be good to go.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]