FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie: Animation controls in AE 7

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hig116
Newbie: Animation controls in AE 7
on Dec 27, 2006 at 11:20:11 pm

Very new to this, in fact just opened the product. I can't seem to find the animation window. I found the set up window by clicking the options. Is it hidden in here somewhere. I hope I am not this blind and it is hidden, otherwise I am going to feel stupid.

Thanks,
Keith

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Newbie: Animation controls in AE 7
on Dec 28, 2006 at 1:45:52 am

Hi Keith,

I'm assuming you're using Invigorator for AE 7. If so, you need to get your head around the difference between what happens in the scene preview area and the setup area and the key concept of sets. (Essentially sets are invisible containers into which one or more objects can be placed. Sets are then animated in a variety of ways:)

Look in the effects control panel below the scene preview window for the triangle or twirlie next to Sets. There you find a number of available sets and the attributes you can animate using keyframes. You'll find the same thing if you explore layer>effects>3D Invigorator>Sets in the AE timeline. You can set keyframes for those attributes in a number of ways.

You're not blind. The controls aren't hidden. Once you learn the landscape, you'll be creating some wonderful stuff.

Jon

Return to posts index

Hig116
on Dec 28, 2006 at 3:11:57 am

Jon,

Thanks for the info. I am new to 3D as well (forgot to mention that), so was throwing me for a loop. I think I have the idea now, so I am off to create.

Again, Thanks,
Keith

Return to posts index

hig116
on Dec 30, 2006 at 10:27:40 pm

O.K., after hours and hours of reading and watching tutorials I still am having this problem. What I am looking for is the animation window that I see on the zaxwerks movies page. The first proanimator into movie shows this animation window, but it looks like they are using 6.0 or later and this window might not exist for 7.0.

What I am trying to do is use the programs preset animations. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Dec 30, 2006 at 11:43:30 pm

Keith,

Do you have Invigorator or ProAnimator. They can both be used inside of After Effects but are vastly different. ProAnimator has the animation presets you mention. Invigorator does not.

Jon

Return to posts index

hig116
on Dec 31, 2006 at 2:41:07 am

How embarrassing. You are correct I have invig. I realized this just after my last post. For some reason I thought we had ProAnimator, but I now know we don't. So it's time to upgrade.

Thanks,
Name disclosed :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]