FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layer problems

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ctheslender
Layer problems
on Dec 15, 2006 at 10:44:16 pm

I have created a three layer logo in photoshop, exported it as an AI path, and added invigorator pro to it in AE....but in doing that I am only seeing the top layer of the logo. Why am I not getting the other layers?

P.S. I tried selecting "import as layers"

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Layer problems
on Dec 16, 2006 at 2:07:05 am

Hi ctheslender,

You probably are getting all of the objects, but they come in on the same Z axis. You need to move some of the objects in front of - or behind the others and/or adjust the depth of each object. Do this in the set-up window before you start to animate sets in the scene preview window.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Dec 16, 2006 at 2:07:05 am

Hi ctheslender,

You probably are getting all of the objects, but they come in on the same Z axis. You need to move some of the objects in front of - or behind the others and/or adjust the depth of each object. Do this in the set-up window before you start to animate sets in the scene preview window.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

ctheslender
on Dec 29, 2006 at 4:48:39 am

Thanks so much for replying. I actually figured out a lot of my problems by playing around and doing my homework before I came back here. Both this posting and the one before were rather simple fixes that I just needed to learn more about the plug in. I did some pretty cool stuff for a promo once I figured it out but....I'm haveing trouble with just text. The plug in is not allowing me to import text.

I don't know Illastrator, so I'm exporting out of photoshop to AI paths. Invigorator is telling me that there are no vector paths in those files though. I tried exporting as an AI 8 and did it once in Illastrator itself, nothing! This is vary frustrating because up until now I've just hand traced text to import! Now I'm going to do something that is just far to complicated for that rubbish. So can you help me out here?

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Dec 30, 2006 at 2:47:12 am

Which version of Invigorator Pro are you using?

It sounds like you need to be creating text on the fly. What happens when you try the 'create 3D text' button?

Jon

Return to posts index

ctheslender
on Dec 30, 2006 at 7:12:43 pm

I thought it was pro, but I guess its classic 3.0.2. So there is no 3D text button.

Return to posts index

ctheslender
on Jan 2, 2007 at 3:50:11 am

I've got it all figured out, thanks. I had to create a text outline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]