FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProAnimator Freezing Up

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Zito
ProAnimator Freezing Up
on Dec 7, 2006 at 8:01:16 pm

I just installed ProAnimator 4.0.2 on my mac and when I open the set-up window in After Effects, everything freezes. I'm wondering if I installed it correctly. I put everything in the same folder in the AE plugins folder.

Thanks.
Jim

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: ProAnimator Freezing Up
on Dec 7, 2006 at 8:34:32 pm

Jim,

The installation instructions should tell you what the folder hierarchy should be.. essentially the ProAnimator 4.0.3 Mac folder should include all of the subfolders where they were orriginally. Assuming you followed those instructions, that's probably not it.

Tell us about your system configuration.

Jon

Return to posts index

Jim Zito
on Dec 7, 2006 at 8:51:32 pm

Thanks Jon. Yeah, I just copied the folder right from the disc and into the AE plugin folder, which is what the instructions said. I didn't move anything. We tried it on a different computer (same G5 setup) and it did the same thing.

G5- OSx (ver 10.3.9) Dual 2 GHz
3 G DDR SDRAM

AE 7

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Dec 8, 2006 at 12:08:16 am

Hey Jim,

Read what Zax just posted about ProAnimator universal. Perhaps getting the latest update will solve the issue.

Jon

Return to posts index

Jim Zito
on Dec 19, 2006 at 12:52:30 am

I installed 4.1.0 and I'm still having the same problem. Any more ideas?

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Dec 19, 2006 at 1:34:04 am

Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear that. Question: What happens when you launch ProAnimator as a stand-alone app? If it doesn't freeze up, it may be an issue with After Effects. Maybe a cache setting or something like that.

Perhaps Matt will chime in... wish I had an easy answer for you.

Jon

Return to posts index

Jim Zito
on Dec 19, 2006 at 8:13:26 pm

Thanks for trying Jon. The stand alone does in fact work. I will mess around with the cache setting like you said and see what happens.

Return to posts index

Jim Zito
on Dec 20, 2006 at 7:25:34 pm

Well I tried messing around with the cache settings in AE. Still not working. Hopefully Matt will see this thread. If not, I'll make a separate post next week.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]