FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I do this in 3D Invigorator?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Conrad Olson
Can I do this in 3D Invigorator?
on Nov 28, 2006 at 2:35:10 pm

Hi all,

I have downloaded the demo of 3D Invigorator with the hope that it will work on this project and I can convince my boss to buy it. It looks like it's not going to work and I'm going to have to use a full 3D package.

We have an edit of somone walking on carpet and we would like some 3D text to fly in just above the carpet and then sink into it and disappear. I've managed to do a rough version but as the text sinks through the video layer the bottom edge is dead straight and looks un-natural. My idea to fix this was to create a plane in Invigorator and roughen it with a bump map, then sink the text through the plane to achieve a rough edge. I can't seem to get this to work though. My bump map doesn't seem to have any effect.

Is this posible or am I asking too much of Invigorator?

Thanks

Conrad

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Can I do this in 3D Invigorator?
on Nov 29, 2006 at 1:32:31 am

Hi Conrad,

Invigorator is already doing the 3D text part. I would recommend creating a mask layer with a bumpy, feathered edge to make the text disappear into the carpet, rather than having it pass through a 3D plane. The bump map would only make the plane look bumpy at certain angles, but it's not really changing the geometry involved.

Whether you use Invig or another app, it'll be the same issue.

Jon

Return to posts index

Conrad Olson
Re: Can I do this in 3D Invigorator?
on Nov 29, 2006 at 2:56:56 pm

That makes sense.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]