FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D Invigorator - how do I color the object?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
NtGeek
3D Invigorator - how do I color the object?
on Nov 11, 2006 at 8:48:53 pm

Dear Colleagues,

Its been a long road but I am happy to say that its been worth it. My thanks for the previous responses as well as future ones. Its greatly appreciated.

Okay, so I got 3D invitorator for After Effects and I have actually been able to bring in Illustrator objects into invigorator so that After effects shows them. To keep things simple and academic, the object is really simple - its a smiley face and its been colored RED within illustrator.

Here is my dilemna. How do I give that smiley face COLOR inside of invigorator. Actually, from within invigorator which is within after effects?

Regards,

Walt Ellena

Return to posts index

NtGeek
Re: 3D Invigorator - how do I color the object?
on Nov 11, 2006 at 8:55:14 pm

Well. . .

It would help if I checked "use illustrator colors" when I brought the object in!

Other than that, any pointers, tips, etc. would still be appreciated.

Regards,

Walt Ellena

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: 3D Invigorator - how do I color the object?
on Nov 12, 2006 at 12:32:51 am

Walt,

You need to focus on the material library and material editor. Yes, you can bring Illustrator files in using their native colors, but that's really just the start.

Search the documentation for the word material. That should give you a start.

The next level of complexity (and power) is using layermapping. the cool thing about that feature is that you can apply anything you can put in an After Effects precomp or layer onto an object made in Invigorator.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]