FORUMS: list search recent posts

orthographic camera not working

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Nicholson
orthographic camera not working
on Nov 8, 2006 at 5:59:51 am

Hi all

Can anyone help me with 3D invigorator for After Effects, when I choose the orthographic camera and update the camera button the screen fills with a solid colour of what ever the model colour is. I have zoomed the camera back and all looks well in the preview window of the plugin but the comp window is just a solid colour. The other camera settings work fine. Has anyone come across this problem or know if this is a bug.

Cheers

Gary Nicholson

G5 AE 6.5 OSX 10.4.7

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: orthographic camera not working
on Nov 8, 2006 at 7:24:03 am

It's not a bug so far as I know. It sounds like your object may be so big it's filling the screen... or so close to the camera it's filling the screen.

What you see in the scene preview window should be the same as what you see in your AE comp window, provided that the solid to which you've applied the Invigorator effect is not larger than your comp. If it is, the comp will essentially crop the solid, making it look like the object is filling the screen.

While I'm taking educated guesses here, what version of Invigorator are you using?

Jon

Return to posts index

Gary Nicholson
on Nov 8, 2006 at 8:55:23 am

Hi Jon

I'm using 4.09 and doubled checked that the camera was zoomed out. The invigorator preview window looks fine but its not what I see in the comp window.

Thanks
Gary Nicholson

Return to posts index

Jason Allen
on Nov 9, 2006 at 3:47:38 am

Im having the same problem. Switching back to a non orthographic camera hasn't worked. You can see the model, but it has no colour, just black or greyscal if usiong reflections etc.

very annoying.

Jase

Return to posts index

Gary Nicholson
on Nov 9, 2006 at 7:48:45 am

Only way I got the orthographic camera to work was to go back and install version 4.05 of invigorator.

So it must be a bug. I have also notice on 4.09 that there seems to be a clipping plane for the camera on normal view.

Cheers

Gary Nicholson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]