I have seen some examples on zaxwerks web but I can't get it
any advice I will appreciate it.
Thank you

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Make a Crystal Clear Look?
on Nov 4, 2006 at 1:45:45 pm

Hi Richard,

The key to convincing glass is the right amount of reflectivity, the right reflection map and highlight settings. Start with one of the glass-like presets and take it from there. I would suggest using a reflection map that includes colors in your scene. If your object walls have thickness (think coke bottle), you may want to put a smaller version of your object inside the normal-sized one to simulate an inner and outer wall.

The other thing you may want to consider is refraction or the bending of light as it passes through the object. Invigorator/ProAnimator don't do this now - it would require raytraced rendering - but you may want to consider using other tools to distort the portion of your scene behind the object.

If the glass isn't entirely smooth, you can try a very subtle bump map too.

As I think you can see, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Have fun experimenting - hope this helps.

Jon

Return to posts index

RichardCrow
Crystal look and Improvements
on Nov 5, 2006 at 1:57:24 am

Thanks a lot Jon
I got a pretty good result because of your advice, this software it's an amazing tool!!
we hope the Animator will get better and better for next versions, like
to add a pencil tool to draw basic vectors insted of depend of Illustrator for basic draws
Thanks a lot and Congratulations to the Zaxwerks Staff, you guys are the best!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]