FORUMS: list search recent posts

Texture mapping problems

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SRoughan
Texture mapping problems
on Oct 23, 2006 at 12:35:38 pm

Hi All,
I dont have so much use for Invigorator so hardly touch it, but know I need it Im having problems. My customer wants his round logo on a hockey puck. I made a circle pfad in Photoshop, exported it as an Illustrator file, imported it into Invigorator and gave it a bit more depth, and there is my puck. My problems start with the texture mapping. In the materials tab, i click on the box to import a TGA as a map. I select my logo, then hour glass, hourglass, hourglass, and more hourglass, then finally when it updates, no picture on the object. SO, try layer mapping. Sit the logo in the time line, select it as layer map 1, then apply it to th eobject. Now i have a picture on the object, but its only covers half of the area. i can find no way to scale it or resize it at all so it fills the whole area. What am I missing?
Please help, someone...
THanks in advance
Simon
BTW, Invigorator v 3.0.9 classic, AE 6.5.1

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Texture mapping problems
on Oct 24, 2006 at 12:15:47 am

Hi SRoughan,

It makes sense to use your first method rather than a layermap since the logo isn't animated.

I would ask about the resoution of your tga file. There's no point crunching a super-high resolution graphic unless you're getting really, really close to your 3D object.

I would also ask whether you're looking at your hockey puck in draft or 'best" quality mode. You won't see the logo on the puck in draft mode. You will see it in best mode (or using the "test" function.

As for the border, Invig stretches an image to fit the face of the object.... so, crop your tga file so the logo is not surrounded by an empty border.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

SRoughan
Re: Texture mapping problems
on Oct 24, 2006 at 8:25:19 am

helps heaps thanks. that was my problem, the logo wasnt cropped

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]