FORUMS: list search recent posts

layer maps and offset feature

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
daveyg
layer maps and offset feature
on Sep 26, 2006 at 12:46:00 am

hey guys, proanimator question again. when using layer mapping whats the best size to use. also, ive been getting tons of errors lately. *6 *2 then all of the sudden it crashes and closes everything.

lastly, i have a logo, kind of complicated. Its not a huge file, but it runs so slow and sluggish, whats the best size that it should be. i can send you the logo, I just want to map it to the logo. Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: layer maps and offset feature
on Sep 26, 2006 at 1:17:31 am

Hi daveyg,

The short answer is to make your bitmapped images large enough so they don't look pixelated or blocky when they're closest to the camera, but not so big that ProAnimator is crunching a lot of data for nothing.

The same answer applies whether you're using layermapping or simply creating a texture with a still image of a logo to be applied to a 3D shape.

For comparison, take a look at the size of some of the reflection and environment maps that come with ProAnimator. You'll see just how small those images can be, and still work quite well.

Does this help?

Jon

Lastly, I haven't seen those errors.. .if you can replicate a series osteps during which they happen, send the file and a description of steps you took to cause the error message to Zaxwerks. They're very interrested in squashing any bugs that crop up.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]