FORUMS: list search recent posts

ring around the head

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
KevinM
ring around the head
on Sep 22, 2006 at 4:50:30 pm

Hi, I made a ring, and animated it using invigorator classic 3.something or other. I have duplicated the comp in AE7 so it seems many rings are flowing toward a woman sitting on a park bench with a glow and a slight gaussian blur added with the add blending mode applied to the rings. Now, the hard part... How do I put her head in the spinning rings as if the rings are soundwaves stopping short of her ears and spinning around her head trying to get in?

Thanks for any help or suggestions
Kev

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: ring around the head
on Sep 22, 2006 at 5:55:02 pm

Hi Kevin,

Try putting the rings in a precomp and adding a mask layer to it so the rings don't cover the person's head. You may need to animate the shape or transparency of the mask depending on what the rings are doing.

Jon

Return to posts index

KevinM
on Sep 22, 2006 at 6:14:43 pm

I was hoping to have them do an almost random tumble around this ladies dome. Aparently it is quite easy with INvigorator Pro as the the Zaxwerks dude informs me, but quite difficult with the version I am running.

Kevin

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Sep 23, 2006 at 12:23:52 am

Hi Kevin,

Just to be sure you correctly understood the "Zaxwerks dude"... Random circular motion would be really easy in ProAnimator... the motion controls in Invigorator Classic are the essentially same as they are in Invigorator Pro.

Download the ProAnimator demo and see for yourself.

Have fun.

Jon

Return to posts index

KevinM
on Sep 25, 2006 at 1:41:53 pm

The motion of the rings is no problem... It's getting her head insode them that the fellow said was easier in InvigoratorPro. He mentioned it has a control for telling the back side of the ring to take on the colour of the ladies head so it seems as though her head is within the ring. Very Cool apparently. As the spot is due this Wednesday, and the client has asked for no music after I thought I'd use music and cool graphics, I am extending the v/o and going with clean video. Very artsy indeed!

Thanks for your help, I'll try the demo for future considerations.

Kevin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]