FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing files

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cmantech
Importing files
on Sep 9, 2006 at 4:46:39 am

Hi,
I don't have adobe Illustrator. I do have photoshop, premiere, after effects, and I don't really want to get another program just to use the invigorator. Is there a way to export graphic files from photoshop that can be used in the invigorator??? If so, how do I do it, I've read the help in photoshop about vector images but it really didn't help at all.

Return to posts index

promoboy
Re: Importing files
on Sep 9, 2006 at 9:56:11 pm

There is a workaround in Photoshop, but you won't get as clean of lines on things like text if you use it.

The workaround:
Create paths around your objects--for example, if you want a rectangle, make either a rectangular path or make a rectangle-->Load Selection (or select the rectangle using the Wand tool thingy)-->In the Paths Palette use the Convert Selection to Path. Name the Path, then File-->Export Paths to Illustrator. You can now import these paths into Invigorator.

For simple shapes it works fine--for more complicated stuff like rounded edges/curved lines and Text that has a lot of A's, O's, S's and whatnot (again, curved lines), either make the paths by hand (Tedious!!) by using the Pen Tool or buy Illustrator. Illustrator is still your best friend in this scenario, and is a great app to have whether you use Invigorator or not.

Good luck!

Mike.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]