FORUMS: list search recent posts

Speed issues

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
evideom
Speed issues
on Sep 4, 2006 at 8:20:18 pm

Should I be having serious lag issues while running ZAX if I have a 2.8 GHZ 4 gigs of RAM and a RAID hard drive? I try to do a simple pan of 3 letters "inside after effects" and the thing locks up. I also have one other question..... I have the "plug-in" for after effects, when I open the option window there is no timeline which forces me to run the program keyframes inside after effects. Is this normal? I tried to find the animator inside ZAX but I can't...

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Speed issues
on Sep 5, 2006 at 12:47:24 am

Hi evideom,

Based on what you wrote, am I correct in assuming you're running ProAnimator and After Effects on a windows machine? I'm a Mac guy, but I would not expect this sort of delay on a high-end windows machine.

I would expect some performance issues on the new mactel boxes bcause they're running in emulation mode until AE and ProAnimator are offered in universal code.

In the case of ProAnimator, the stand-alone and plug-in operate exactly the same, so far as the ProAnimator timeline goes. The plug-in essentially acts as a pipeline between the standalone and after effects. You use the ProAnimator timeline whether you use the standalone or the plugin. This is normal.

Jon

Return to posts index

Serge
on Sep 5, 2006 at 12:49:39 am

Hi evideom,

What version of Invigorator are you using? Make sure you are using the latest. Visit Zax's site for this.

The Set-Up window is there to enable you to arrange your objects, assign them to different sets, apply your maps etc...

The Scene Preview window as well as your timeline will allow you to animate your camera & objects.
I would advise you to set your Invigorator layer to draft quality to preview your animation.

If you don't want to deal with AE to animate 3D objects. ProAnimator would then be your choice.

I hope this may help.

Salut.
Serge

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
on Sep 7, 2006 at 10:28:42 pm

Check to see if you have left the AE layer on Best Quality. Draft quality works in near real time. Best quality is for final rendering only.
Usually the reason things get slow is that you turn on Best quality for the Solid the Invigorator is applied to, to check the look of the scene, and then forget to turn it back to Draft. Use Draft for setting up the motion and positions of the objects and for setting keyframes. Once you are ready to make the final movie set that layer to Best quality or use the control in the Render Queue to set all layers to Best quality.

Best,
Zax

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]