FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Animator 4.0.2 and After Effects

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Walker
Pro Animator 4.0.2 and After Effects
on Aug 22, 2006 at 8:10:01 pm

Let me see if I understand this correctly...you can only import the camera information and object information without importing the actual object you create in Pro Animator? Is the obj info supposed to be a null of sorts to build your effects around to allow them to match up properly without having to do any previs?

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Pro Animator 4.0.2 and After Effects
on Aug 22, 2006 at 10:19:33 pm

Hi Jon,

ProAnimator 4 gives you three ways to interact with After Effects.

1) use the stand-alone version to create movies with alpha channels and import those into AE.

2) use the PA Plug-in to render your 3d animation directly inside of After Effects. The effect is normally applied to a 2D layer, but you can use comp lights and camera.

3) create an animation in the standalone version and save the project. import the object and camera data (not the actual object) into after effects. AE assigns solids as placeholders for the PA objects. You can use those solids or replace them with whatever you want.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Jon Walker
Re: Pro Animator 4.0.2 and After Effects
on Sep 2, 2006 at 8:09:22 pm

Yes it does...I think I just forgot to install the ProAnimator Plug in for AE. I installed the importer but not the interface plug for AE. My mistake. Thanks for clearing that up though. I swore I read it included the AE plug as well as the stand alone. Thanks Jon.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]