FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need help with ProAnimator issue . . .

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Biped
Need help with ProAnimator issue . . .
on Aug 6, 2006 at 1:43:46 am

When I try to animate a single track containing a logo made from several different shapes and/or text, it moves all of the shapes around each one's individual center, rather than the center of the overall logo in the track. It makes that particular function basically unusable. I know that I can use the camera to achive this, but I want to use the camera to create additional perspective moves. How can I make this work? Is it possible?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Need help with ProAnimator issue . . .
on Aug 7, 2006 at 3:20:15 am

Hi Harry,

Please clarify what you are trying to achieve. Are you assembling a logo over time, or are you trying to get a pre-built logo spinning around a common center?

Jon

Return to posts index

Harry Biped
on Aug 7, 2006 at 5:03:00 pm

The best way that I can describe it is that basically all of the individual items used to build a logo, contained together in a single track/layer in the animation timeline, spin on different centers of axis rather than one single axis when animated together. I want all of the items to behave as if placed in a container(for lack of better description) and rotate on the container's center not each object's.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Aug 8, 2006 at 12:09:49 am

Hi Harry,

You can spin all the elements on a track during a pose by creating a pose group, choosing spin y and using the rotation controls to tell PA how much rotation you want.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Harry Biped
on Aug 8, 2006 at 1:59:12 am

Unfortunatly, no it doesn't. It actually makes things worse. Thanks taking time to give me the suggestion though. Any other ideas or thoughts?

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Aug 8, 2006 at 3:42:43 am

Hi Harry,

Okay... here's a thought. animate the pieces of the logo flying together to their resting position. The motion naturally happens during the transition. Don't worry about everything rotating around a common center as the pieces move.

Now create a camera track and have the camera rotate around the central point of your animation, with its view focused on the logo. This way, it will seem that all of the objects are rotating around a common center as they fly into place.

jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]