I am trying to create an open path in Illustrator (CS2) to export to Invigorator in AE. I save an open path as Illustrator 8, open it in Invigorator, and the the start and end of the path are connected by a straight line. I am trying for a filstrip effect like Serge had for a tutorial, but I can't create an open path. How is this done?
- Create an open path using the Pen Tool.
- Select your path & got to Object>Path>Outline Stroke. This will close your path.
- Make sure, now that your path is diagonal so the mapping starts at one end of your object (The lower left)
- In Invigorator switch the front & Back faces off & increase the Depth value.
- Using the layer mapping technique, create a transparency map that is half-white/ half-black or alpha so you can eliminate the backside of your filmstrip.