FORUMS: list search recent posts

Always have troubles importing Illustrator files

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dlacloche
Always have troubles importing Illustrator files
on Jul 14, 2006 at 9:30:03 pm

Crazy, unexpected things always seem to happen when I bring Illustrator files into Invig thru AE. Today, I built a logo in Illustrator out of some text that I converted to outlines, so I could merge 2 letters into one shape. When I brought it in, a long thin piece extended from the top, so I thought there might be a stray point in Illustrator, but no. The long thin piece would disappear and reappear as I orbitted the camera around it to see what was going on. My original logo is way below the horizon grid, and its center point is at ground zero.

Am I doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Always have troubles importing Illustrator files
on Jul 15, 2006 at 12:26:04 am

Hi dlacloche,

Seeing a frame from the scene would really help, but I'm going to guess it might be a spike caused by a weird point in your Illustrator art. These sometimes happen when the angle is very sharp or when the handles are twirled around backwards. Take a very close look at the Illusturator file at the point where the spike occurs.

You can deal with spikes by editing the Illustrator file or by using the spikebuster controls.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

dlacloche
on Jul 21, 2006 at 3:24:58 pm

I'm going to go through my Illustrator file with a fine tooth comb and look for any stray points or sharp corners, edges, etc.

Could you tell me more about the spikebuster controls?

Thanks for the advise.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Jul 24, 2006 at 4:57:08 am

Sure.

Select the problem object in the scene, then choose the object tab and look for the spikebuster slider. Adjusting that slider can minimize certain kinds of spikes.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]