FORUMS: list search recent posts

failed to invoke 3d invigorator plugin

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
larry s
failed to invoke 3d invigorator plugin
on Jul 4, 2006 at 2:52:50 pm

Has anyone had a similiar experience where a project is working fine one day and the next it crashes when trying to invoke the plugin? This isn't the first time this has happened to me. Are there any work arounds to start the program by disabling the plugin?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: failed to invoke 3d invigorator plugin
on Jul 6, 2006 at 2:30:17 am

Larry,

A little more about your setup would be helpful. version of Invig, platform, ram, etc.

Generally speaking, check to see if you're using the latest version. and latest video card drivers. Sometimes trashing preference files and relaunching resolves issues -- I'm talking Mac here.

If it's a regular, repeatable problem, I'd contact Zaxwerks tech support directly. It helps them to know exactlly what steps cause a crash as well as your specific system data.

Jon

Return to posts index

larry s
Re: failed to invoke 3d invigorator plugin
on Jul 6, 2006 at 2:19:18 pm

Hi Jon,

I'm using a G5 dual 2.0 with 2 gigs of ram and a blackmagic HD card. I'm running AE 6.5 with the bundled version of 3D invigorator I'm not sure of the version.

I've had this problem a couple of times before but luckily this happened after the projects were complete. I was able to get into this most recent project by removing the zaxworks folder from the plugins directory and restarting the application. When I restarted AE it indicated the plugin was missing but it started. I removed the comps that used the plugin then saved and quit. I replaced the zaxworks plugin and restarted the app and now, suprisingly, the previously unaccessible projects which still used zaxworks now opened. I don't know that there's anything you can add to this I just thought it would be a good idea to share the experience. If this does continue I'll take your advice and contact zaxworks directly.

Thanks for your reply

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]