FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chain links

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kazden
Chain links
on Jun 22, 2006 at 11:58:03 pm

Is there any good way with invigorator to create a 3d chain link? I'm designing a logo where the letters are pulled together by a chain. I can think of a mediocre way, but i don't think they'll look linked, just kinds resting on top of each other. Any suggestions?

Kazden

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Chain links
on Jun 23, 2006 at 1:17:57 am

Hi Kazden,

Making the chain isn't hard. It could be as simple as creating a series of 3D 'O" shapes, and spinning every other one 90 degrees (so the first one lays flat, the second is vertical, the third flat, etc.), then moving them closer to eachother so they are in fact linked. To get more complicated, you could make more complicated links in Illustrator or another modeling program.

The challenge comes if you need to animate the motion of the chain. The limited number of sets could keep you from animating enough individual links. Getting them to behave naturally during the motion process would involve lots of keyframes for the sets. Another way to do it might be to use layercycling and moving a series of links in your Illustrator layers.

If all the chain links are in straight lines that don't bend, it would be lots easier.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Kazden
Re: Chain links
on Jun 23, 2006 at 8:42:26 pm

I'll give it a shot. Thanks Jon!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]