FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding image to 3D object ??

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mateobishop
adding image to 3D object ??
on Jun 15, 2006 at 1:54:42 pm

Hello All !
I am new to using the invigorator classic so I am reading the book and playing as I go. Here is my question and situation.

I have created a simple square object in Illustrator. I put that into AE using the plugin..all is well. I then save a picture of the 'material' that I want to show on that box. The picture is a jpg the same size as the box I created. When I apply this picture as a material and put it to the box, it shows up just fine, but.. that picture puts itself on the back and 4 other sides of the 3d box I now have. How can I get it to display the picture on the front and have the sides and back show a solid color or different border color altogether like the nbc logo for example.

Thanks in advance !!

Matt

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: adding image to 3D object ??
on Jun 16, 2006 at 12:48:59 am

Matt,

You need to explore the material set-up area.

There, you can assign different materials to the front, sides and rear faces of your cube. You'll see a cross section of your object and bins into which you drag different materials.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

mateobishop
Re: adding image to 3D object ??
on Jun 18, 2006 at 11:03:08 pm

Yes this fixes everything..and I just happened to come across that part in the book now so all is well! Thanks for the info!! always appreciated!

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]