FORUMS: list search recent posts

3d stroke around a person

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian06
3d stroke around a person
on May 27, 2006 at 7:33:07 am

Hi
I'm trying to make an animated stroke that wraps around a person,sth. similar like the 3d ribbon Tut.
It should wrap around the person 4times before it gets to the top!

I use a cylinder as an object(Comp=720x576)
Transparency:Comp(2880x576)with a black solid layer and a linear animated white stroke(from bottom left to top right)
the stroke wraps around the cylinder only 1 1/2 times,but i'd like 4 times????
What's the best way to place the person(on green screen)in the middle of the scene?

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: 3d stroke around a person
on May 30, 2006 at 5:08:12 am

Hi Julian,

The animated ribbon needs to enter and leave the ribbon layermap more than once over time to appear to wrap around the cylinder more than once. The point where the ribbon leaves on one side and where it enters on the other need to match so it'll be seamless.

As for the person in the middle of the wrapping ribbon, you could create a simple rectangular plane and layermap the movie of the person to the front face of the plane. You'll need to generate an alpha channel for that movie for it to work. So long as the plane stays oriented to the camera, it should be fine.

Does this help?

Return to posts index

julian06
on May 30, 2006 at 5:31:26 pm

Hi
Thank you very much for your answer Jon ,i'll give it a try

Return to posts index

julian06
on Jun 3, 2006 at 7:27:45 am

Hi
[Jon Okerstrom] "you could create a simple rectangular plane and layermap the movie of the person to the front face of the plane."

It works to layermap the person to the plane but it's rather impossible to give the plane the right size, so that the person will look like in the original footage!Any tricks ?The person is distorted,proportion is incorrect!
When i layermap the person to the plane ,do i really need a transparency map to hide the parts of the plane which shouldn't be visible ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]