FORUMS: list search recent posts

INVIG Pro and Imported Model maps

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan811
INVIG Pro and Imported Model maps
on May 17, 2006 at 12:49:56 pm

Hi Guys

One of the great things about INVIG is the ability to import 3d models however many of these have placed texture / bump maps already attached that often don't import. I'm wanted to purchase a library of African plants that are perfect but all the leaves are actually mapped images with alpha channels. When these are imported the leaves don't come across and all you see are the basic squares that they are mapped onto. Is there any way around this apart from placing a thousand leaves on the trees myself in INVIG? I spoke to a Maya artist to see if there was some way to interpret the alpha channel data and convert it to simple polygons to add to the model. He said there was but it was a very complicated thing.

Do you know of any way around this? It's obviously pushing the boundaries of what INVIG was intended but that's the beauty of what you guys have made.It encourages designers to do that! I really need to get into a full 3D program but don't have the time and INVIG has been awesome for the level I've been pushing it so far. If you brought out a full 3D program I'd be onto it!

Is this something ProAnimator could do? Also is there a list somewhere of the advantages of Proanimator over Invig Pro?

Thanks in advance!

Danny

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: INVIG Pro and Imported Model maps
on May 18, 2006 at 12:19:09 am

Hi Danny,

You can find a comparison of Invig Pro and ProAnimator on the zaxwerks site. The short answer: ProAnimator and Invig share the same modeling abilities, but PA goes where no other app goes, so far as creating very cool and complex motions with very little effort and lots of control. As of version 4.0, ProAnimator works as a plug-in and as a standalone app.

As for your tree issue, you may be able to apply the maps if the tree leaf square models have the correct uv coordinate data embedded in them. The leaf square models would have to be individuals rather than a single object. The good news - if you create a material with a single leaf, Invig will make it stretch to fit the squares, no matter what the size.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]