Send Zaxwerks Invigorator Project File.

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Productions
Send Zaxwerks Invigorator Project File.
on May 6, 2006 at 10:23:01 pm

Hey guys!

Just a quick question.

I past at least ten hours creating a watch using only Zaxwerks and Illustrator. Now, let's say I'd like to send the watch Invigorator project to someone else so he could use and customize every Illustrator objects/paths in Zaxwerks.

Now, do I have to send him every Illustrator paths file in a subfolder +plus+ the Zaxwerks Invigorator watch project or should I send him only the project file itself?

Maybe this is a newbie question, but in my mind it works like in Trapcode Particular, where you have to send, obviously, your particle video file to the receiver so he can use it.

Thx guys!

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com
Adobe After Effects 6.0 Professional

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Send Zaxwerks Invigorator Project File.
on May 7, 2006 at 1:41:48 am

Hi Justin,

The answer depends on how much you want him or her to be able to change.

You can send the ae project file alone. It will allow your co-worker to change bevels, depth and materials on the Invigorator watch you've built. It will not let the person change the Illustrator shapes that were the basis for the watch.

If you think he'll need to change the Illustrator file, send that too. Otherwise, he won't be able to make changes and reload layers. (I hope you built the watch in layers.)

Another way to do it is to save the Invigorator effect as a favorite (in 6.0). It's called saving an animation preset in 6.5 and up. The person you send it to can set up his own project, add a solid and apply the favorite to get the Invigorator effect applied to the layer. You'll have to send the Illustrator file too, if you want the person to have the ability to change it.

Doe this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Justin Productions
on May 7, 2006 at 10:13:36 pm

Hey Jon,

Thx for answering me so soon.

All I want to do is to send the Watch Project File so the person can manipulate each parts of the watch (Illustrator paths) and manipulate the watch itself.

Maybe if I just saved my project as a Zaxwerks Invigorator File *.zxo (if I can remember) and send it to the person?

But I'll go with what you said.

Thx again! :)

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com
Adobe After Effects 6.0 Professional

Return to posts index

cowcow
Jon Okerstrom
on May 7, 2006 at 10:56:24 pm

Hi Justin,

Yes, you can use the zxo format to export your watch object. Any object repositioning you do in the setup window, as well as beveling and texturing will be included with the zxo object. However, any keyframes you created for set animation or set position won't be included. If the animation work you may have done is important to you, you should use one of the other methods, which do preserve any keyframes you've created. If not, zxo is a great choice.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]