3D Invig ProAnimator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcow
Kenn
3D Invig ProAnimator
by
on Apr 23, 2006 at 6:39:32 pm

Trying to simply animate an Illustrator file in AE with the Zaxwerks ProAnimator Plugin. Why must they make it so complex? Can't I just create 2 keyframes and move the object to make a move. Anybody know if there is a Training DVD out there that I can buy? Very Frustrating.

Kenn

Return to posts index

cow
Jon Okerstrom
Re: 3D Invig ProAnimator
on Apr 23, 2006 at 9:51:55 pm

Hi Kenn,

It's really not hard once you grasp some of the basic concepts. In fact, it's a lot easier than keyframing in many cases. There are some moves ProAnimator does that I would not even attempt to keyframe.

Here's a very short how to:

When you imported your object, you created an object track with a pose at the beginning of the timeline.

Select the first pose (dark blue bar in the timeline), hold down the option key and drag it down the timeline. You have just created a duplicate pose (the second dark blue bar) and a transition (the light blue bar). The transition is where the main motion happens. Don't worry about timing at this point. You can adjust the length of the poses and transitions later.

Now, select the second blue pose bar. Notice the controls beneath the timeline. (I'm looking at it in easy mode.). See the move controls? Choose a direction and use the slider bar to move the object where you want it.

Now hit the play button to see the move. Or, simply scrub the yellow time marker to see the move. You have many more options for movement, at this point, but this should get you going.

Think of poses as "uber keyframes." In some ways they're like keyframes, but they're sooooo much more.

My advice is to read the documentation and ask us if you get stuck. We'll be glad to help.

Jon

Return to posts index

Kenn
Re: 3D Invig ProAnimator
by
on Apr 24, 2006 at 3:00:03 pm

Thanks Jon! It's just hard learning different ways of thinking from program to program. I'm really comfortable with the AE line on thought. Motion and Zaxwerks seem so foreign.

Kenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]