FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beginner question re: Logo edges cut off

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shyguyjay18
Beginner question re: Logo edges cut off
on Feb 12, 2006 at 11:23:35 pm

Hi All:

I apologize for this very simple question but I couldn't find the answer in the manual or in my hunt through previous posts.

I've made a logo in Zaxwerks that I am using as a wipe transition in a video. IE. The logo swings in, spins around, comes at the camera, (200% or so) and then wipes off the screen sideways. My problem is that once I scale the logo beyond 100%, the edges are cut off when I animate the logo back across the screen. I know this is something simple like increasing the comp size or something but I can't quite seem to figure it out.

I'm working on a standard broadcast project (720x480) as my final output. If someone could let me know how exactly to work with the logo so it can go beyond the screen size and still maintain its shape, I would much appreciate it. (I hope I explained this well enough.) Thanks!

Jay

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Beginner question re: Logo edges cut off
on Feb 13, 2006 at 12:20:53 am

Hi Jay,

I'm not sure I understand completely what you're doing to get the cut-off edges.

My advice would be to make your Invigorator solid the same size as your comp.

Then, rather than scaling your logo, why not create a camera move that accomplishes the same thing? It would probably be easier to control and you limit the possibility that any maps you've applied will look pixelated when you're very close.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

shyguyjay18
on Feb 13, 2006 at 12:53:21 am

Hey Jon:

Thanks for the reply. I think I was physically moving my whole comp, resulting in the edges being cut off. I tried it again and it seems to be working much better now. One other quick question. What's the best way of adding a 2d element to a logo? I am trying to make a poker chip with numbers on them. I am wondering how to make the numbers without adding them in the original Illustrator file. (Because then I have to move the axis of the number to push it out from the chip and it's suddenly a 3D shape, something I don't want in this case.) Am I going to have to make some sort of a texture map? That should be all my questions for now. Thanks again,

Jay

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Feb 13, 2006 at 2:27:17 pm

Hi Jay,

Yes, you'll need to apply an image of the face of each chip. You may also want to consider applying a bump map to make the numbers appear raised. The basic rule is that Invig will stretch/squeeze the map to fit the face, so any border contained in the image will be part of the map. In your case, you should start with a perfect square image to avoid distortion on your chip.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]