FORUMS: list search recent posts

Settings in AE 7.... Same project

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike
Settings in AE 7.... Same project
by
on Feb 11, 2006 at 7:28:42 pm

Currently running AE 7 on a dual 3.2 Xeon system with 4 Gigs of RAM and an NVidia Quadro FX 3000.

I am doing a 15 second shot with invig Pro, a static title that fills the screen in chrom and deep depth (don't remember what the setting was but almost maxed out). I have 'use AE lights' enabled.

In AE, I have one Ambient light, white, set at about 65%, but does fifteen frames at 200% so the title bursts in.

Also have two Spots that move. A blue spot set at 70% that moves diagonally from top right to bottom left and a purple spot that moves from bottom left to top right. Both of these actions take five seconds and are -450 in Z space from the text layer (Invig project).

The last ten seconds has the two spots slowly move in to -20 and I move the point of interest to +20 and have the two spots cross horizontally during the ten seconds, slowly tracking on the edges.

The shot won't be a full fifteen seconds, I'll fade out somewhere after five and it will be a two to four second fade (which I will do in Premiere).

Here's the problem I'm having now. I have resolution set at 1/3 on the active camera and when I try to RAM preview, After Effects locks up. I'm guessing because of the math involved due to the moving spots.

So I enabled Gridiron Nucleo and it estimates 15 hours to render a RAM preview at 1/3 rez. I'm doing it, of course, but it seems like there must be a faster way to emulate chrome with lights reflected on it.

Would using the AE camera in 3d space be faster?

I thought there were directional lights in Invigorator. It's been so long since I've used it!

I tremble when I consider how long the full rez render will be.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]