FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quick Pro Animator Question

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Productions
Quick Pro Animator Question
on Feb 11, 2006 at 1:37:56 am

Just a simple question, sorry John if I haven't got the time to read all of your tutorial between Invigorator and Pro Animator but...

Is the number of sets we can create in Pro Animator is illimited?

Thank's in advance!

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com
Adobe After Effects 6.0 Professional

Return to posts index

Justin Productions
Re: Quick Pro Animator Question
on Feb 11, 2006 at 1:40:48 am

Oops, little error in my question, no second "is".

"Is the number of sets we can create in Pro Animator illimited?"

I know it's not an uge error but hey, we're talking with pros here.

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Feb 11, 2006 at 3:00:03 am

Hi Justin,

The "other" Jon here...

Invigorator for After Effects uses a limited number of sets to contain and control objects. Each set can have a different motion path, but objects in each set all behave in unison. I've never run into a limit for the number of objects which can be included in a set, but have run into instances where I wanted more sets.

ProAnimator uses object tracks to contain and control the motion of objects. Unlike what happens in sets, objects contained within an object track do not necessarily move in lock-step. Instead, they all move in relation to eachother based on the poses and transitions you set up. You can add many object tracks to your project, if you desire. Normally, you would add object tracks to a project to apply different animation variables (poses and transitions) to some objects in the scene, than you would apply to others. One of ProAnimator's many strengths is its ability to easily create complex motion with a large number of ojbects.

I suspect any limiits on the number of objects in either Invig AE or ProAnimator would be a function of how much RAM you have, and that's never been an issue for me.

Jon

Return to posts index

Justin Productions
on Feb 12, 2006 at 5:38:19 am

Thx Jon!

Although french is my everyday language and the fact that no one speaks english here, I didn't get everything you said but I think I got the idea...really sorry but a lot of the sentences were chinese to me :( but I really appreciate you helping me thought.

I wanted to animate a horse running very fast (I don't know the exact term in english) and it took a lot more that 8 sets to animate the breast, the forearm, the knee the ergot and the heel for every leg. I tried to put 2 muscles or 2 parts of the horse's body in one set but each leg of a horse as different movements. Still figuring out how to do it.

Thx again!

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com

Return to posts index

serge
on Feb 12, 2006 at 6:28:09 am

Salut Justin,

I hate to say it, but Invigorator as well as AE is not the right software for serious character animation. I would advise you to start learning/using a 3D program for this. As to Jon's explanation, trust me it was not Chinese :-) It's just that ProAnimator works differently. I am certain that with your skills and interest [I kept an eye on you in the forums:-)] you would soon discover a completely new animation technique that will astonish you as an after effects user.

Au plaisir.

Serge

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Feb 12, 2006 at 5:03:27 pm

I have to agree with Serge on this one.

Lightwave, Cinema, Maya and lots of other apps are far better for character animation.

Invigorator and ProAnimator are the absolute best choices for the kind of anmation for which they were designed, but character animation is not one of those kinds.

As with everything else, choosing the right tool for the job will make your life a whole lot easier.
Jon

Return to posts index

Justin Productions
on Feb 14, 2006 at 2:55:20 am

Thank's for the advice guys!

One or two months ago I started playing with Blender 3D and downloading some free tutorials, think I'm going for it. I have Maya Unlimited 6.5 but it's a copy and it's pretty intimidating because it's so professional. Never quite touched it.

As for Serge, thx for keeping an eye on me, lol! I always liked your work, especially on your website, totally amazing! Can't wait for your tutorial wich I think will be on the power of using Illustrator in Invigorator?

I'll probably post a reel in the demo reel forum to show you guys what I've done with Invigorator and After Effects this year. Of course, if you want to see it :)

Thank's again!

Justin Productions
Tangerin01@hotmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]