FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compositing 3d In Invigorator

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
drilldoc
Compositing 3d In Invigorator
on Feb 6, 2006 at 10:53:20 pm

I have a 3d object created in 3dsMax. There's a railing that I wan't to be placed in the forground, the actor with a blue screen key and the rest of the 3d object in the background. Is it possible to composite the actor within the 3d object? If not, is there a way to split up the two objects and parent them to one another so that they move as one in After Effects as the camera is moved?

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Compositing 3d In Invigorator
on Feb 7, 2006 at 5:06:32 am

Hi Drilldoc,

One idea you might consider: apply the movie of your actor onto a plane within the same Invigorator scene that contains your 3D railing and background 3D object. Your success with this will depend on the kind of camera move you're doing.

I suppose you could also use two instances of Invigorator... one for the railing... the other for the background 3D object with your actor layer between them. So long as you've checked use comp camera for both, they should both respond to that. The unknown is the amout of z distance between your railing and background object and whether you would have to deal with ground issues. Your success with this option would also depend on the kind of camera move you're doing.

Jon

Return to posts index

drilldoc
on Feb 7, 2006 at 7:30:26 pm

I tried your second option and it kind of worked, but a camera zoom screwed it up. Also, when you use the comp camera, I no longer see the 3d object in my view screens - only in the camera view - so it's easy to lose your object in 3d space. I'm not too familiar with Invigorator, so I don't know how to project my video onto a plane as you described. What's the trick for that?

Dave

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Feb 8, 2006 at 2:46:27 pm

Hi Dave

The key to that is layermapping. Check out the manual and tutorials here. If you get stuck, let us know.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]