FORUMS: list search recent posts

Invig won't accept my Illustrator files! Help, please!!

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shirak23
Invig won't accept my Illustrator files! Help, please!!
on Jan 26, 2006 at 12:07:55 pm

Hey there,
When I try to import my illustrator file (using CS2), Invig says that there is no usable vector path and nothing happens. I've converted my type to compound paths and ungrouped them so that each letter is its own object. This is so frustrating 'cause I can't even start. The .ai files that come with Invig work fine. Could it be the size that I'm trying to import with (720x480)? Oh, yeah, and every time I try to use the create text option, AE just closes. Please help! Thanks!

Julius Caesar and the Roman Empire couldn't conquer the blue sky.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Invig won't accept my Illustrator files! Help, please!!
on Jan 26, 2006 at 2:20:20 pm

Hi Shirak,

When you save your Illustrator files be sure to save in Illustrator format, not eps. During the file-saving process, try unchecking the use compression checkbox and see if that works.

As for what's in the Illustrator file, don' t use bit-mapped objects, gradients or effects like drop shadow. Invigorator likes basic, filled shapes.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

shirak23
on Jan 26, 2006 at 11:21:28 pm

Hey Jon,
Yes, that worked, it was the compression setting! Thanks so much. Now if I could only figure out why it crashes when I try to use the 3D text setting...

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Jan 27, 2006 at 1:22:09 am

Glad to hear we're making some progress.

As for the crashing, tell us as much about your configuration as you can... OS, version of AE, version of Invigorator, amount of RAM. Also, anything unusual about your font set-up?

Jon

Return to posts index

shirak23
on Jan 27, 2006 at 6:20:03 am

Okay, let's see... Windows XP; Athlon 64+ 3000+ processor (2ghz); 2gb of 3700(?)DDR Ram; AE 6.5 Pro; and Invig 4.6. What might be unusual about my font setup, not sure what you mean.

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
on Jan 28, 2006 at 6:35:11 pm

Thanks for the info.

We can eliminate amount of ram as an issue. Perhaps the other system attributes you listed will lead to the cause of the crashing and Matt might be able to help out. You might want to contact Zaxwerks directly to see if they've received any similar reports and have a solution for you.

I use Mac systems, so I'm not an expert in what appears to be a Windows OS issue.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]