FORUMS: list search recent posts

Widescreen in PA

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael nilsson
Widescreen in PA
on Jan 18, 2006 at 5:01:26 pm

I must be missing some ultra basic info here, but I can't find a way to change the aspect ratio to 16:9 in ProAnimator. If I change the "Pixel Aspect" settings to "D1/DV PAL Widescreen", there is no change. The output is always square 4:3. Upon import into a widescreen project in After Effects, I have to pull the image sides and thus distorting the image. Please tell me what I have missed. I haven't found anything on this when I have searched the forums.

/Mike

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: Widescreen in PA
on Jan 18, 2006 at 5:35:20 pm

Hi Mike.

When you import an image or movie into After Effects, it guesses the pixel aspect ratio from the frame size.

It looks like AE is interpreting your footage as regular PAL DV, not Widescreen.
To change the interpretation, select the footage in After Effects Project window
and type Cmd+F (or Ctrl+F on Windows, I think) to bring up the Main Interpret Footage window.
At the bottom of the window is the Pixel Aspect Ratio menu. Select DV PAL Widescreen.

Let me know if that solves your problem.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

michael nilsson
Re: Widescreen in PA
on Jan 19, 2006 at 7:27:10 pm

Thanks for the tip Matt, but I'm afraid the result was the same as pulling out the sides of the image - it is distorted and everyone looks fat. I solved it by increasing the width of the project window in PA to close to 1100 and keeping the height at 576. That gave me a nice widescreen image, although this solution is probably not the normal one... :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]