FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D OBJECT in Invigorator, not using Illustrator genereted TEXT

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cadge31
3D OBJECT in Invigorator, not using Illustrator genereted TEXT
on Jan 12, 2006 at 7:29:23 pm

Hi all,

I want to "create outlines" on an imported Photoshop file (as layers) in Illustrator to later import into Invigorator Classic. I have no problems "creating outlines" for text that I have generated in Illustrator. However, when I try to "create outlines" on a logo created in Photoshop and then Imported into Illustrator, the logo immediately dissapears when I select "outline object" in the "effects" menu. In short, how do you create vector paths in Illustrator for a logo that was imported from Photoshop? One more time. I want to use ILLUSTRATOR to "create outlines" on a LOGO that was created in PHOTOSHOP in order to import it into INVIGORATOR CLASSIC. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks a lot.

-Aaron

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
Re: 3D OBJECT in Invigorator, not using Illustrator genereted TEXT
on Jan 12, 2006 at 7:56:23 pm

You'll need to either auto-trace (CS2 Live Traces is supposed to be good at this) or use the Pen tool to manually recreate the logo. You may want to try creating a path from the selected logo in Photoshop first then exporting the paths into Illustrator and cleaning them up there. I'm afraid there is no easy way.

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]