FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting 3D with transparent background

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PeteGeo
Exporting 3D with transparent background
on Jan 5, 2006 at 7:52:27 pm

All,
First, great tutorials and threads! I'm new to Invigorator and fairly new to AE but have already accomplished some great effects. This is a testament to create info on sites like this.

I created a letter that rotates on it's Y axis and want to use it in a lower third ID built in Motion. I've read the threads here and searched the web for an answer on both Invigorator and AE and am still confused. How can I render the spinning E with a transparent background so that I can place over footage?

I have come very close using keying, trying both blue and green, but get some artifacts around the letter.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
Pete

Return to posts index

John Dickinson
Re: Exporting 3D with transparent background
on Jan 5, 2006 at 10:25:46 pm

Hi Pete,
You need to render the layer out with an alpha channel. In the Render Queue you'll see a section called OUTPUT MODULE. Under CHANNELS choose RGB + ALPHA and the DEPTH will change to MILLIONS OF COLORS+
From the COLOR popup I recommend you choose STRAIGHT not PREMULTIPLIED. Keep in mind that you first will need to choose an output format in FORMAT OPTIONS that supports alpha channels; for example the Quicktime ANIMATION codec or perhaps a TGA sequence (32 bit option). Let us know if you need more assistance.

JD

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

PeteGeo
Re: Exporting 3D with transparent background
on Jan 5, 2006 at 11:31:38 pm

Thanks JD! Worked like a charm.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved