FORUMS: list search recent posts

newbie pivot piont problem!

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank van Mourik
newbie pivot piont problem!
on Jan 4, 2006 at 12:41:24 pm

hi!

I'm quite new to invigorator! But i think it's quite simple to do but i don't know how!

I wan't to make a book (hard cover) that opens and turns the pages! My problem is that my pivot point is in the center of the page and it needs to be on the fare left side of the page.
Sounds simple but i can't figure it out!
Can anybody help me!

thanks a lot!
Frank

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: newbie pivot piont problem!
on Jan 4, 2006 at 2:08:08 pm

HI Frank,

Welcome to our Invigorated world!

Here's a short recipe to make it happen. Create a small primative cube which will eventually be your invisible hinge. (It could be any shape, but a smal cube will probably be easiest.)

Assign the cube to an empty set. The first object assigned to an empty set determines its pivot point.

Now assign your book cover to that set. As you'll see, the set now pivots on the center of the cube, not the cover.

At this point, you can turn off visibility of the cube. If you later need to adjust the placement of the pivot point, you can turn visibility back on.

You can do the same thing for other pages and animate the separately, using some of the remaining availble sets. Either create new cubes or move the one you're already using from set to set, after you've added the other elements to those sets.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Jon

Return to posts index

Frank van Mourik
Re: newbie pivot piont problem!
on Jan 4, 2006 at 2:39:43 pm

thanx a lot!

i havn't figured out the details! but i al ready created a pivot point! Seems to work great. Sadly that's all the time i have today! tomorrow i'll continue! Thanks a lot for you help!! you're the best!

bye Frank

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]