FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator format vector file

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paule
Illustrator format vector file
on Nov 8, 2005 at 10:10:59 am

Hello,
It's the first time I am using illustrator or Invigorator so this could seems like a silly question but how can you change a photoshop file onto an 'Illustrator format vector file' to be used by Invigorator.
thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: Illustrator format vector file
on Nov 9, 2005 at 5:39:13 am

Hi Paule,

The short answer is: you can't use bit-mapped art for Invigorator, whether it's Photoshop, jpeg or something else.

You may export any photoshop paths you make as Illustrator format files. These basic shapes may be used in Invigorator. Closed paths work best.

The best way to deal with bit-mapped logos is to import them into Illustrator and use them as templates. From there you can use Illustrators tools to build a vector-version of the art, for use in Invigorator. There are several auto-trace options which may help you in the process, but often require clean-up.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

quade
on Nov 15, 2005 at 6:04:07 pm

Coincidentally (well maybe not because the question does pop up kinda often) I'm in the process of writing a tutorial on this for yet another user I just turned on to Invigorator.

When I finish it I'll put up on the web and link it here.

quade

Return to posts index

gadgetguy03
on Jan 31, 2006 at 6:25:25 am

I imported the photoshop containing the .gif needed to make the basic 3d object into after effects, opened it up in the comp window and used auto trace to trace the object creating masks. I then cut and pasted the masks into a new illustrator document, which i was then able to import into invigorator and make a 3d object from it. hope that helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]