FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D invigorator layer map problem

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
LIquid
3D invigorator layer map problem
on Oct 21, 2005 at 2:56:25 pm

Hi there, It seems that I am testing the plug-in to its limit. I am working on a project for a friend who is a light designer. He just developed a beautiful lamp which is filled with a red liquid. When you switch it on the liquid rises up the neck of the lamp because the heat of the light bulb makes it expand. My friend asked me a favour to animate a little preview of his product. This was the perfect opportunity for me to test 3D invigorator. But I came across a problem which concerns the animation of the rising liquid.
As you can see on the picture under:
http://www.petermock.homechoice.co.uk/light.jpg
... I used a layer map in 3D invigorator which consists of a comp containing a solid layer which moves from bottom to top to fill the screen with red. This layer map was used
for the 'Highlight sharpness' - property which was set to 200.
The animation itself works fine and simulates beautifully the liquid rising up the neck of the lamp. But the problem i came across is that as soon as i move my camera closer to the lamp the liquid inside (the red layer map) won't rise smoothly anymore and moves in steps. It seems that the invigorator only calculates the animation steps for the original shape but as soon as you zoom in on it the time resolution isn't adjusted.
As you can see:
http://www.petermock.homechoice.co.uk/light.mov
Any idea how to get out of this .... ?
Thanks
Peter

I tried to scale all: object, custom edges of the object and layer map (continuously rasterized) to minimise the scaling effort of 3D invigorator
... I rendered the layer map with max. time resolution (99fps) to offer as tiny animation steps as possible,
... and I moved the track layer linked to the object close to the camera instead the camera close to the object.
All these attempts lead to the same result, the animation set up in the layer map won't run smoothly on the object.
Am I blind not to see what is wrong or am I just getting to Zaxwerks 3D invigorators limits?

The problem is ... I need to find a solution, so if anyone knows a way out of this I am glad to hear it.
Thanks guys
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]