FORUMS: list search recent posts

REALLY REALLY slow render?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amish Ed
REALLY REALLY slow render?
on Oct 18, 2005 at 5:39:04 pm

I don't think this is normal and I'm wondering what I need to change. I have a project that's been rendering for 8 days now and it's only 13sec. into a 19sec. comp. I set up a render farm using AE 6.5 Pro and Invig 4.0.5 (just donwloaded 4.0.6) on a dual 2 G5 and a 1ghz G4. Rendering as a 720x486 pict sequence.

The comp has 2 objects in Invig each controlled by a control layer and 'use comp lights' and 'use comp cameras' checked. Each oject is a relatively simple based on an AI file. Each object is set back into the BG and does a 180

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: REALLY REALLY slow render?
on Oct 19, 2005 at 12:07:57 am

Amish Ed.

You're a very patient person.

You're correct in expecting your scene to render in less than 2 weeks.

While I can't imagine any setting in the Invigorator that would slow things down that much,
you may want to check your Motion Blur settings. If you have Motion Blur on for your Invig
layers, and have set your Motion Blur Passes to an obscenely high number, that may do it.

Would you mind sending me your .aep file (no media files are necessary)? I'd be happy to
take a look. If there are particular frames that take a long time, let me know and I'll check
those out first.

Please compress your .aep file and email it to: matt@zaxwerks.com

Thanks a lot.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Amish Ed
Re: REALLY REALLY slow render?
on Oct 31, 2005 at 3:51:45 pm

Sorry its taken so long to post the final results. Matt, thanks for looking over my project and giving me feedback. Turning off the cast shadows on most of my lights, and bringing down the shadow diffusion values made a huge difference. Rendered in 2 days. The BCC Light Zoom was also killing the speed, but I couldn't turn that one off. Thanks again.

Amish Ed
Dual 2Ghz G5, 4GB, running 10.3.6 w/QT 6.5.2, Black Majic DeckLink, AE Pro 6.5 w/BCC and Invig. 3D, PS CS2, AI CS2, FCP HD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]