Trying to take a simple word and spin it about its axis.
What I get is that each character spins about its own individual axis instead of the whole word.
What gets me is that I have the entire word selected, If I use the advanced interface and use the "Rotate around common center" tool AND hold down the shift key so I can see it - the word rotates correctly around the center - BUT when I play back the pose - each character spins.
I typed in 360 to the rotate around individual centers tool - and the words do just that BUT when I clear that and then go over and type 360 in the rotate around common center tool - I still get individual rotations. Its like that tool is broke. Or is it me - missing something simple. Im just trying to rotate a single 3d text word around its center.
I even tried to use pose grouping and selected by word - and typed in 360 in the Y spin tool - but now it rotates around a center that is offset from the word - looks like im circling the wagons.
There are a few ways to make a word spin about its center.
The key is to group your letters together before trying to make them spin.
1. Create your text. This will create an animation track with a default Pose.
2. Select all of the characters.
3. In the Advanced Pose Actions section of the Animation window, find the Pose Grouping menu.
Select "Make Group..." Then name your group. Now the word will move together.
4. Find the Action menu below the Pose Grouping menu and select "Spin Y."
This tells the objects in the track to spin about their local Y axis. Since all
of the letters in this track are grouped together, only one thing will spin.
5. Change the Rotation value to 360 for one full spin.
6. Finally, resize your Pose to be as long as you'd like it. The word will spin once (360 degrees) over
the length of this Pose.
By default, ProAnimator animates everything separately. To animate objects/letters/logos
together, you must group them.