FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D News Globe

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Le
3D News Globe
on Aug 31, 2005 at 2:39:21 pm

Was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on creating a globe in Invigrator. I'd like the land masses themselves to have some depth and oceans to be transparent revealing the backfaces of the other land masses. I'd also like to fly the camera through the globe itself.

In the past I've always just mapped a movie onto a sphere but I need a little more this time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jon

Return to posts index

Dave
Re: 3D News Globe
by
on Sep 1, 2005 at 12:51:06 am

In the material setup window in Invigorator, you will need to apply layer map and transparency. Your mapping source needs to have alpha channel in order to see the other side of the continents.

As for the cloud layer, create another sphere on top of the land sphere and make it slightly larger than the land sphere (depending on how high you want the clouds to hover over your land. Again you will need an alpha channel on the animated clouds layer. BTW, be sure the spheres are centered so that the bigger of the two completely surrounds the smaller.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Le
Re: 3D News Globe
on Sep 1, 2005 at 3:26:27 pm

Thanks for the reply. How would I go about effecting the transparency level of the primitive sphere but not my layer map with the alpha?

Thanks again

Jon

Return to posts index

Jonathan Le
Re: 3D News Globe-Figured it out.
on Sep 1, 2005 at 4:36:54 pm

Oppps, didn't have my layer precomped. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Dave
Re: 3D News Globe-Figured it out.
by
on Sep 2, 2005 at 2:24:12 am

All you have to do is:
In the Invigorator setup window, double click on the material you applied(the one with layer mapping) turn on the transparency and choose the layer map just as you did for the layer map material. Keep the transparency level at 0 though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]