FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost my library

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CaptainMench
Lost my library
on Jul 20, 2005 at 5:04:54 am

Help --

I upgraded and now I've lost all my materials. I'm sorry, but I can't figure how to get them back.

Thanks.

CaptM

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: Lost my library
on Jul 20, 2005 at 5:20:48 pm

Hi CaptM.

With previous versions of the Invigorator, swatches (Materials, Object Styles, Light Styles, and Lighting Styles) were stored inside each project file.

With version 4.0 of the Invigorator, we now put all swatches in a folder and use these same "global" swatches for each project.
You can find the swatches in the "Zaxwerks Swatches" folder that exists inside the same folder as the Invigorator plug-in.

When you load a 3.x file, the global swatches are updated with new swatches found in the 3.x file.
When you load a 4.x file, the global swatches are loaded.

It sounds like you aren't seeing any Material swatches. Is this true?
The first thing to check for is the existence of the "Zaxwerks Swatches" folder.
Please look for that folder and let us know if there are any files in the "Material Swatches" folder inside the "Zaxwerks Swatches" folder.

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

CaptainMench
on Jul 20, 2005 at 7:20:04 pm

Thanks Matt --

Yes, I've got the folder... Light Lighting Material and Object Swatches... all have the .zxm's in them.

I just couldn't figure out how to load them BACK into the invigerator setup inside AE.

I thought too maybe because I was using THAT COOL NEW FEATURE of creating text that that's why... but no.

So -- How would I go about loading my swatches? I was also looking for a help PDF but didn't find that either.

Sorry -

Thanks

CaptM

Return to posts index

CaptainMench
on Jul 20, 2005 at 7:24:53 pm

Also -- My 4.0.1 folder is in my root Applications folder (mac)... should it be in the AE plugins folder?

Thanks

CaptM

Return to posts index

CaptainMench
on Jul 20, 2005 at 7:28:16 pm

Got it...

I had to copy over my Swatches folder into the plugin folder.

That worked.

Thanks again.

CaptM

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
on Jul 20, 2005 at 9:49:50 pm

Hi CaptM.

Glad it's working for you now.

Note that the swatch folder in the plug-ins folder will be the one updated with new swatches.

m

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]