FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProAnim - Illustrator CS2 files

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bill daul
ProAnim - Illustrator CS2 files
on Jul 11, 2005 at 8:36:56 am

I looked at Zaxwerk's FAQ...found this and tried to follow it...

Problems with opening Illustrator files. The "No Usable Vector Paths" error message

A1 - The Illustrator file format has changed and you need the latest version of the software to be able to read the new format. Any version after the following versions: After Effects plug-in version 3.0.8. ProAnimator version 3.0.1.
A2 - If you are trying to make 3D objects out of an Illustrator file containing text, remember to Create Outlines on the text before saving the file.
A3 - If you are using Illustrator CS, turn off compression when saving your file

IN AI I created a file with a word in it...turned off compression...I created outlines via the SAVE AS ... Illustrator Options...unclicked use compression...saved and then tried to read into ProAnim...getting No Usable Vector Paths...

The remembered once upon a time someone saying I had to save the file as an AI version 8 file...so tried that with the same failure.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, -bill

Return to posts index

Matt Rhodes
Re: ProAnim - Illustrator CS2 files
on Jul 11, 2005 at 3:55:42 pm

Hi Bill.

If you wouldn't mind sending me your file (matt@zaxwerks.com),
I'd be happy to take a look.

Thanks.

Matt Rhodes
Zaxwerks, Inc.

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
Re: ProAnim - Illustrator CS2 files
on Jul 11, 2005 at 6:10:58 pm

Adobe has once again, changed the file format with Illustrator CS 2. However, we've heard that saving it as Illustrator Legacy in version 10 works fine.

Like Matt says if that doesn't work, send us the file and we'll take a look.

Best,
Zax

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]