FORUMS: list search recent posts

invigorator for AE or ProAnimator.... which one?

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott
invigorator for AE or ProAnimator.... which one?
on Jul 8, 2005 at 6:25:57 am

Hi,

What is the difference between the InvigoratorPro for AE and the stand alone ProAnimator? I have some pretty good experience with AE, but I am not an expert. Is one better than the other or are they identical and one is just a stand alone?

Thanks for the advice:)

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: invigorator for AE or ProAnimator.... which one?
on Jul 9, 2005 at 3:58:41 am

Hi Scott,

ProAnimator and Invigator Pro AE essentially share the same modelilng abilities and similar surfacing abilities for the most part. The biggest differences for me involve how the objects are put in motion. ProAnimator is capable of easily creating incredibly complex motion of a very large number of objects. The AE versions of Invigorator offer integration with the rest of AE's compositing features but handle the animating process much differently, using keyframes.

As a standalone, ProAnimator creates movies with alpha channels for easy compositing in AE, or for dropping finished animations into the nonlinear editor of your choice. The AE versions can obviously render out movies with alpha channels for use in your favorite editor as well.

For me, there are times when I choose to use the AE version and other times when only ProAnimator will accomplish what I want.

I'd suggest comparing specs on the Zaxwerks site and giving both aps a test drive. The type of work you're doing may help you decide which is best for you.

If you have more specific questions, we'll give it a shot.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]