FORUMS: list search recent posts

maps

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hansphaal
maps
on Jun 30, 2005 at 2:10:25 pm

ok im new to this so bare with me...all i want to do is put a texture map of my own onto the 3d text ive made.
but i dont see anywhere that i can even import a map...

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: maps
on Jul 1, 2005 at 4:17:01 am

Hansphaal,

Image maps, bump maps, reflection maps and transparency maps are all supported on Invigorator-native objects including text. You apply them to objects as parts of what we call materials, which are essentially really flexible collections of reusable and savable surface attributes for your objects.

The process is pretty simple Use the material editor to create a material. Add images to the appropriate channel or channels. Do that by clicking on the larger square near the sliders for reflectivity, bump, transparency, etc. Small, tga format images work best. Then, apply the material to the object or a portion of the object. Check your documentation for the word "materials" for more details.

You can also map movies or the content of any other After Effects layer by using what's called layermapping. It's a simple process, described in some recent posts here. If that's what you want, do a search, or ask a more specific question and we'll be glad to help.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]