FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I make the map correctly fit the 3-d object????

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry ODonnell
How do I make the map correctly fit the 3-d object????
on May 16, 2005 at 12:46:52 am

I'm fairly new to 3-d so I could be going about this entirley wrong. Basically what I am doing is opening a logo that I was given as a .psd in illustrator. Tracing the outer edge of the logo and saving the illustrator file. I then save the .psd as a targa file.
I then open invigorator, open the illustrator file. Go to the material window in the options menu. Start a new material by opening the targa. This is where I run into the problem. When I drag the tagra material onto the 3-d object created by the illustrator file it never fits the object correctly. It is too small and distorted.
So my question would be how do I prepare the files so the targa will correctly fit the object?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: How do I make the map correctly fit the 3-d object????
on May 16, 2005 at 1:19:05 pm

Hi Barry,

the key is to crop your tga file exactly to the artwork. Invigorator will stretch or squeeze the image to fit the object. So, if you have any border around the image, you'll see that on the front face of your object. You'll also see distortion if the image with border is not the same aspect ratio as the 3d object.

I should add that mapping to sides of objects works differently than the front and rear faces. Those maps start from the lowest, leftest corner of the logo and wrap around it, like a ribbon around a present.

Does this help?

Jon

Return to posts index

Barry ODonnell
Re: How do I make the map correctly fit the 3-d object????
on May 21, 2005 at 6:40:09 pm

Yes, thank you.
I just assumed that zaxwerks would drop the empty space since I saved the targa with an alpha...
Everything looks right now...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]