FORUMS: list search recent posts

zaxwerks error "This copy of Invigorator is already running"

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Singleton
zaxwerks error "This copy of Invigorator is already running"
on May 12, 2005 at 6:13:56 pm

When trying to apply 3D invigorator to a solid I get this message. anyone have this happen to them before?

Thanks,
Bob

FCP4 Cinewave4

Return to posts index

Jon Okerstrom
Re: zaxwerks error "This copy of Invigorator is already running"
on May 13, 2005 at 5:01:00 am

Hi Bob,

Do you by chance have an older version of Invigorator still installed along with the current version? Having two copies of the plugin in the normal Invigorator location can cause error messages.

Otherwise, try restarting After Effects. Can you repeat the sequence of events that causes this?

Jon

Return to posts index

adam f
on May 14, 2005 at 7:06:52 pm

Hey Jon,
I work with Bob and it's actually my machine that's having the issues. I have checked and re-checked the multiple copies probability and that's not the cause. I have the latest updates from Zax (3.1 Classic) and we;re running AE 6.5 Pro. I'm starting to believe that it's a compatibility issue between 6.5, Invigorator and the hardware we're working on (dual G4s with 1 Gig of RAM and an older Nvidia graphics card) but I'm not sure. Ever since we updated AE to 6.5 there have been numerous problems with Zaxwerks. It worked reliably with 5.5. We have Lightwave installed on our machines but I don't feel completely comfortable with that program because I learned 3D with SoftImage, but I'm ready to sit down and learn Lightwave because I have no other option. I like Invigorator because I can stay within AE and it's easy for simple logo modeling which is all I need anyway, so I would really like to resolve this issue but I'm about to give up. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Zax Dow
on May 17, 2005 at 6:11:03 pm

Hi Adam,

Here are a couple of ideas . ..

1- First (please excuse the obviousness of this) but you cannot run more than two copies of the same software that use the same authorization codes. If you only have one license for Invigorator but are trying to run it on two machines at the same time you will get this message.

2- If AE crashes while working on an Invigorator project and you don't restart your computer, then you will get this message.

3- If you or someone else were using the Invigorator on another computer and AE crashed but this other computer was never restarted, then you will see this error on your computer because the other computer thinks the Invigorator is still running.

There is an easy test to see whether this is a problem on your computer alone or is a network problem. Unplug your computer from the net (don't turn off your network, actually unplug the cable), restart your computer, then see if you can use the Invigorator again. If it still doesn't work then the problem is with your computer, if Invigorator now works then the problem is with some other computer.

Best,
Zax

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]