FORUMS: list search recent posts

need to add invigorator into 3D space

COW Forums : Zaxwerks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Graham Quince
need to add invigorator into 3D space
on May 4, 2005 at 8:41:08 am

Hi guys

I'm building a virtual set mainly using After Effects' 3D layers. And while it's looking quite good, it's also looking very, very angular. i'd like to add some softer lines and objects and am thinking that using Invigorator is the way to go, but i need some advice.

i know Invig can use AE's 3D camera, but is it possible to integrate my the Invigorator layer into the 3D scene, or will it always be faked and lie 'on top' of the room. in otherwords, does anyone know if 3D layers can pass in front of the invigorator object?

Any advice you can give me would be hugely appreciated.

Graham

Return to posts index

john dickinson
Re: need to add invigorator into 3D space
on May 5, 2005 at 3:58:00 am

Although they can share the same camera and lights, you can't have AE 3D objects move behind and in front of Invigorator objects (and visa versa) but there are some ways to fake it. For example, you could use AE's SPLIT LAYERS command or use the Matte Color material in Invigorator Pro. Let us know if you would like more detail.

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

Graham Quince
on May 5, 2005 at 7:41:44 am

Split layers of course, thanks John, i'll try that.

I only have Invig Classic (home user), but i'm intrigued by Matte Colour, what is it?

Graham

Return to posts index

john dickinson
on May 5, 2005 at 11:08:25 pm

Matte color is a material setting in Invigorator Pro. When applied to an object it causes that object act like a mask, blocking out other 3D objects you don't want to see. You can use it to create some cool 3D transitions but it's also good for making 3D objects appear to be moving in front and behind 2D layers (and AE 3D layers).

John Dickinson
Motionworks
http://www.motionworks.com.au

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]