FORUMS: list search recent posts

Titling problems for lower third titles

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Stillman
Titling problems for lower third titles
on Nov 29, 2017 at 4:06:08 pm

I'm finishing up a 6-year documentary project on my 2008 mac pro desktop and am using 10.6.8 snow leopard OS. It has worked virtually flawlessly this whole time editing wise, but I have run into one issue that I can't seem to solve regarding titles. Through numerous M-100 upgrades (I think I'm running now 2.1.7 Suite) my title choices are limited to Boris Red 5.5 only (I think). Anyway, I use to have a gradiated lower third title container using Graffiti, which is now eliminated. Is there any way to get Graffiti back? Some of the old lower third titles had a color background running from one end of the frame to the other. I don't see an option in Red's library that works for me. Any ideas? I'm not proficient in effects so I need ready-made templates that I could modify, but there don't seem to be a lot of options out there. Thanks.

Joseph Stillman

Return to posts index

Ben Price
Re: Titling problems for lower third titles
on Nov 29, 2017 at 6:38:29 pm

Congratulations on wrapping up the documentary!

Aren't the Graffiti files compatible with Red? That is, have you tried manually opening the templates or your saved title files in Red versus going through the library browser?

If the Graffiti files won't open in Red, it sounds like the title templates you're needing are fairly simple and could be recreated in no time. A high proficiency is not required and you probably already have the skills necessary to do it.

If all else fails, screen-shot the look you need and post it here. I'll walk you through how to do it.

---------------------
System #1
---------------------
MacPro 2013 Cylinder OS10.12.6
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
32GB RAM
Media100 Suite 2.1.8
Kona LHi
Sonnet xMac Pro Server Enclosure
OWC Mercury Rack Pro RAID5 USB3
OWC Jupiter Kore mini-SAS

---------------------