FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media 100 2.1.8 Crashing On Launch

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Golden
Media 100 2.1.8 Crashing On Launch
on Nov 1, 2017 at 4:44:27 pm

I am having the exact same problem Matt had in August below. Media 100 2.1.8 keeps crashing when trying to open on macOS Sierra 10.12.6. Please let me know how to solve this issue. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application several times with no change.

Andrew

Andrew S. Golden
President
Illusion Media LLC

Return to posts index

Andrew Mehta
Re: Media 100 2.1.8 Crashing On Launch
on Nov 2, 2017 at 4:00:37 am

Some people are managing to open it in High Sierra,
so there should be some hope for you!

I haven't heard a specific solution to this specific issue yet.
So right now, your best bet is to ask Rich via info@macvideopromo.com who may be able to provide some assistance.

Was it a fresh install of High Sierra, with a fresh install of Media 100?
Or was it an upgrade of a system with Media 100 already installed, to High Sierra?

Return to posts index

Andrew Golden
Re: Media 100 2.1.8 Crashing On Launch
on Nov 2, 2017 at 6:12:09 pm

I have not yet installed High Sierra. This is just on Sierra (10.12.6). I installed Media 100 2.1.8 fresh and was opening some projects and making sure they worked. Everything was working for awhile when the system crashed. Then, the application would no longer open at all. Every time I tried and even with different projects, it wouldn't get past the opening screen before it crashed.

I tried running the uninstaller and reinstalling 2.1.8. Same thing happening. I also repeated that again and trashed my preferences - same result. I ended up re-imaging the machine I was on and installing 2.1.8 again so I am up and running but I am worried this is only temporary until it crashes again. It would be helpful to know how to fix this issue in the future if it occurs and what files need to be changed or deleted in order to regain functionality.

Andrew

Andrew S. Golden
President
Illusion Media LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]