FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media 100 2.1.8 Crash

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Dugas
Media 100 2.1.8 Crash
on Aug 30, 2017 at 8:28:50 pm

I am running macOS Sierra, 10.12.6, and Media 100 version 2.1.8. When trying to start Media 100, the splash screen displays but the progress bar never get to the end, then the splash screen goes away. Shortly after that, a "Media 100 Suite quit unexpectedly" error shows up.

I have uninstalled 2.1.7 and updated to 2.1.8 then restarted. I still get the same result.

Anyone have an idea?

Return to posts index

Andrew Golden
Re: Media 100 2.1.8 Crash
on Nov 1, 2017 at 4:31:50 pm

Matt,

Did you ever solve this issue? I am having the exact same problem. Media 100 2.1.8 keeps crashing when trying to open on macOS Sierra 10.12.6. Please let me know if and how you solved this. Thanks!

Andrew

Andrew S. Golden
President
Illusion Media LLC

Return to posts index

Matt Dugas
on Nov 6, 2017 at 5:31:14 pm

After 21 years with Media 100, I ultimately bit the bullet and hopped over to FCPX. I had a project that had to be complete and was not encouraged by the lack of attention Media 100 was/is getting from its developers. I hated to jump but the project was completed on time!

Return to posts index

Andrew Mehta
on Nov 2, 2017 at 4:08:31 am

Am not sure if the uninstall process removes all the preferences.

You may wish to trash any preferences in the library folders.
Macintosh HD->YourHomeFolder->Library->Preferences->Media 100 Suite Preferences

That might make it more of a fresh start when you reinstall.

Another way to ensure it is a fresh start, would be to create a new user account for MacOS, log into the new user's account, and then install a copy on that account - just to see if that works.

I don't know if the people using Media 100 okay on High Sierra installed it fresh, or migrated the application over.
Or whether it would make a difference to it crashing or not.

If you get the splash screen at least, it must have installed okay.
So I'm hoping it's just a preferences issue.

Return to posts index

Andrew Golden
on Nov 2, 2017 at 6:14:52 pm

I have not tried to create a new user login but did trash my preferences on my 2nd attempt at uninstall/reinstall. There has to be another file that the uninstaller does not remove or change back to what it was that I am not seeing.

I have not yet installed High Sierra. This is just on Sierra (10.12.6). I installed Media 100 2.1.8 fresh and was opening some projects and making sure they worked. Everything was working for awhile when the system crashed. Then, the application would no longer open at all. Every time I tried and even with different projects, it wouldn't get past the opening screen before it crashed.

I ended up re-imaging the machine I was on and installing 2.1.8 again so I am up and running but I am worried this is only temporary until it crashes again. It would be helpful to know how to fix this issue in the future if it occurs and what files need to be changed or deleted in order to regain functionality.

Andrew

Andrew S. Golden
President
Illusion Media LLC

Return to posts index

Andrew Mehta
on Nov 2, 2017 at 9:56:18 pm
Last Edited By Andrew Mehta on Nov 2, 2017 at 10:01:58 pm

First super congrats on getting things working via re-imaging the machine, and I hope it lasts, =).

As regards it only being Sierra - that's good news, as Media 100 is supposed to work on Sierra pretty well.
Because I don't know the exact cause of your crash, I can't immediately suggest a solution,
however, Rich has solved a few problems for people struggling with initial installs, and if it was crashing after install, he might have a few tips of extra stuff you could do. So again, I'd share your experience with him, and see if he has any additional tips beyond what you'd tried.
Rich can be reached via info@macvideopromo.com

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Nov 5, 2017 at 9:38:03 pm

Would it not be better just to stay on 2.1.7 rather than the latest version? What is the advantage in upgrading, is there a feature in 2.1.8 that's important? I envisage staying exactly where I am now regarding Media 100. It all works, we can edit in 4K when needed (can't we?), and I don't want to go to the latest OS in the fear that things I use like BitVice, Compressor etc might not work.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Matt Dugas
on Nov 6, 2017 at 5:42:20 pm

That would be great but based on the "Now available for macOS Sierra" on the website, I updated my laptop for other applications....causing 2.1.8 to repeatedly crash. Its ok though. With the availability of FCPX tutorials on YouTube, with a heavy heart, I made the switch.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]