FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black Magic Mini Monitor

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
noah wight
Black Magic Mini Monitor
on Mar 3, 2017 at 4:18:42 pm

So I've slowly been migrating from my older Mac Pro system to a newer iMac. I have previously just been using it to render out some graphics and didn't need an external monitor. Seeing this on the horizon I picked up a BMD Mini Monitor to use. The process has been wrought with some of the classic issues. I'm using m100 2.1.7. The BMD Desktop Video version is 10.8.4. OS is 10.10. When I have the Mini plugged in i get a an error almost immediately on starting M100 that says "Could not start the application because of a program error type -19038 occurred." I can plug the mini back in after M100 has started up but it doesn't see it as an option for Vid out. I've tried different settings on each but with no change. Speculation on the M100 Facebook page is that it could have to do with the newer BMD software not supporting the 32bit M100. I'm going to trying working backwards to previous versions but figured I would submit to the big brains here for more input. Is anyone successfully using a BMD Mini Monitor? suggestions?

Noah Wight
CBTV Inc/ESProductions
Crested Butte, CO 81224

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Black Magic Mini Monitor
on Mar 3, 2017 at 5:39:42 pm

We are using Intensity Pro 4k cards on some of our systems with Desktop Video version 10.8.5 and Media 100, so I guess it is not a driver issue, but related to the fact that the BMD Mini Monitor has never been tested with Media 100. Probably there are some things it does differently than the Intensity and Studio cards from Blackmagic, and since Media 100 is not expecting these results/responses, it throws an error. I guess you are out of luck with the Mini Monitor.

Return to posts index

noah wight
on Mar 4, 2017 at 12:08:22 am

Thanks Floh. My understanding was that other people were using it but I guess i'm breaking trail here.

Noah Wight
CBTV Inc/ESProductions
Crested Butte, CO 81224

Return to posts index

noah wight
on Aug 10, 2017 at 9:40:53 pm

Floh- So I got sidetracked but need to get back on this. I've got my other M100 system with a BMD Decklink Studio 2 that I'm setting up to be a legacy system with all my old decks. My newer system I'm running off an iMac. Obviously no pcie option which was why I wanted to use the mini monitor. This system will be pretty much all digital files in and out and I just need a way to get to a video monitor for editing. Any advice on my most cost effective solution? Looking at pcie expansion chassis but it seems a little crazy to have to go that deep to use a monitor. What do you think? Thanks as always for your input. N

Noah Wight
CBTV Inc/ESProductions
Crested Butte, CO 81224

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]