Rest in peace M100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Turnbull
Rest in peace M100
on Dec 20, 2016 at 10:49:23 pm
Last Edited By Steve Turnbull on Dec 20, 2016 at 10:50:03 pm

Hiyas,

I hadn't heard any news re whats happening with M100 Suite. So when I downloaded the latest version to try out on Sierra.
I politely enquired to the outfit managing the downloads/accounts. I think they're called macpro. Anyway they said something like. "At this stage Media 100 suite is not being actively developed. "

This is probably obvious and old news to everyone. I have been in denial but when I read this in black and white - it made me sad.

Can anyone else shed some light on this dire state of affairs?

On the upside M100 does seem to be working ok on Sierra thus far.

Cheers
Steve

Return to posts index

Rich D'Angelo
Re: Rest in peace M100
on Dec 21, 2016 at 1:46:49 pm

Hey Steve,

Rich D'Angelo (on behalf of MacVideo Promo) here. I am the one who responded to you via e-mail.

The last major upgrade was version 2 in 2011. Since then, there have been a number of compatibility updates, mostly to accommodate new Mac OS versions. I expect there will be another one for macOS Sierra.

So, while it is true that Media 100 has not been "actively developed" for several years, I would not write a eulogy. Boris FX has no plans to discontinue offering Media 100.

In respect to the Media 100 release for macOS sierra, there should be some news early in the New Year. Stay tuned.

Best regards,

- Rich

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Dec 21, 2016 at 7:46:52 pm

That's good news in a way because Media 100 will be operational on new OS versions. Speaking personally, as an editor of documentaries, I'm very happy with Media 100 and what it offers. Obviously, if you need all the weird and wonderful stuff being produced by graphic artists for commercials and suchlike, then you may have to move on. I haven't yet seen a system that I'd be more comfortable working with than Media 100. It is surprising though that Boris is willing to let it lie, the possibilities a few years back were endless.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Sonic Vision
on Dec 21, 2016 at 7:52:37 pm

How come you say "Boris FX has no plans to discontinue offering Media 100" yet they show no M100 production or support on their (BFX) site and , on November 23, 2016 support at BFX Sales Support told me "we are no longer connected to Media 100 anymore."?

I can't find anywhere to login and see my (albeit) old M100 product listed anymore.

Thanks,
Graham

Return to posts index

Rich D'Angelo
on Dec 21, 2016 at 8:53:16 pm

Hi Graham,

Media 100 has moved over to http://www.media100.com:

http://www.media100.com/pages/about-us

Boris FX still owns the product & released the v2.1.7 update for El Capitan in January 2016.

If you lost your old serial number and need to reinstall, please drop a line to info@macvideopromo.com

Best regards,

- Rich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]